01. ENSURE ELIGIBILITY
Ensure the land is eligible for Managed Forest class – see Managed Forest Land Class Requirements & Obligations to learn more.
02. REVIEW REGULATIONS
Review the Private Managed Forest Land Act and regulations to ensure willingness to comply with these standards – see Managed Forest Legislation.
03. FILL OUT A MANAGEMENT COMMITMENT FORM
Note: Council does not accept handwritten Management Commitments. The Management Commitment is a fillable form once it has been downloaded and saved on a computer.
If the property has more than one owner, then:
- All owners must sign the Management Commitment, OR,
- The owners can use the Authorization to Act as Agent form to appoint an agent or one of the owners to act as agent with respect to the Management Commitment. The form is signed by all owners.
04. SUBMIT APPLICATION
Send the completed Management Commitment to the Managed Forest Council at:
Managed Forest Council
305 – 1627 Fort Street
Victoria, BC V8R 1H8
Submit by email to the address at the bottom of the form.
AMENDING A MANAGEMENT COMMITMENT
A managed forest owner may wish to amend the management commitment to:
- Add land to existing Management Commitment
- Withdraw land from an existing Management Commitment
- Change specifications of existing Management Commitment